to have cast many a spell on the twenty some bridges that span the
Chicago River, the Medusa Challenger will long be remembered as
an enemy of Chicago commuters. Depicted here in more friendly waters
of the Cuyahoga River at Cleveland, she was christened as the William
P. Snyder in 1906. In 1926 she was renamed the Elton Hoyt, then
the Alex D. Chisilm, and was finally purchased by Medusa Cement
and renamed Medusa Challenger in 1967.
Print edition, print size: Litho, 1000 SN, 12 1/2 x 11"
Availability & Price: